|Competition Rules 2013
- Driver must be a N.E.T.O. member in
- A $60.00 annual competition fee must
be paid prior to competing in an eliminator. The fee for competing in a second eliminator is $30.00 payable
prior to competing in that eliminator.
- Membership dues are $ 40.00 per year,
due in January. A $10.00 late fee will be assessed after April 1st on
late renewal dues.
- Immediate family members may form a race team; any member of the team may race and accumulate points for the team. All rules for a team are the same as for an individual driver. Team members must inform the points director that they are racing for the team prior to racing.
- Two eliminators will be run at all
- Competition 9.75 and faster in .25
second increments dial in on a handicap .400 pro tree.
- Nostalgia 10.00 and slower any dial
in.500 full tree.
- Points will be awarded as follows:
A. 50 to
sign in at a race event with a race ready car
B. 50 for breaking Stage beam on first round.
C. 50 to the winner of each round.
D. 25 to the driver with the best reaction time in each
eliminator during eliminations. Driver must present time slip to the race
coordinator on race day. NO EXCEPTIONS will be allowed.
E. 50 to those attending a N.E.T.O. supported
non-race point event, with a race car, or an approved non-NETO event which is in
conflict with a NETO event.
- Total points will be your best half of
races run, plus 6A and 6E. If an odd number of races are run add 1 to
the number of races run and divide by 2.
- A race ready car is one that has paid
the entry fee and passed track tech inspection.
- In case of a tie, positions will be
decided by the total number of rounds won for the year. After
that the tie stands.
- All race cars will be inspected yearly
by the Competition committee & then stickered for competition.
- The Competition Committee must approve
any changes to a stickered car prior to its racing.
- Any one found with an illegal device
during a race event will be disqualified from the event and lose
½ of their accumulated points to date on the first offense; all
points will be forfeited on subsequent violations.
- Concerns over rules or cars in
competition will be presented to the Competition Committee for their
review and decision.
- Points can not be carried over from
one eliminator to another.
- Rain dates will be first possible date
rescheduled by track, if NETO agrees.
- There will be no show up points to any
racer on inclement weather days when scheduled race/event is canceled
prior to sign in.
- A sign-in sheet will be posted at a
designated location, you must sign in before competing. All drivers
must check in with the race director before 2nd round of time trials.
At that time draw a number...The ladder will be made as numbers are
drawn. Listen for your class to be called. Find your opponent so when
the 1st round is called so you can proceed to the staging lane
together. Anyone signing in after the ladder is created may run one
additional time trial at the end of round one of eliminations, and
receive 50 sign in points and 50 break the beam points, maximum for the
- Race cars must have a car number;
preceeded by C, or N to designate class. The official white N.E.T.O.
stickers must be affixed to the race car on both left & right side
for the timing tower to see and the front for staging lane. Also, on
the tow vehicle.
- If you are not able to make 1st round
notify the Race Director IMMEDIATELY so the ladder can be
adjusted. The ladder will be set 10 minutes after the final time
- If there are only 3 cars left in the
class and one breaks, the two remaining cars will race each other for
the final. You will receive 50 points each for that round, plus the
winner will receive 50 points for the win.
- Only one bye run per competitor per
event. Bye runs are determined by position on the ladder based on
number drawn at sign in.
- A "Competition Break Run" is not
considered a "Bye Run"
- In Nostalgia eliminator, only cars
without front brakes may burn past the starting line.
- In Nostalgia eliminator on a double
breakout, running under the 10.00 minimum time is a worse foul than the
breakout amount. A red light, or any other disqualification, is worse
than any breakout.
- A driver may race only one car but
must race all rounds of the car he raced in round one.
- If your dial-in is not correct on the
score board DON'T STAGE!!!, back out and let starter know, but DON'T
- Cars must be 1974 and older to be
eligible for competition. Exceptional cars may be voted in at a
scheduled club meeting or by Competition Committee vote during the
season, to be confirmed later at a scheduled meeting.
- All cars have to pass
N.H.R.A. or I.H.R.A. racetrack tech inspection.
- Cars must make a good appearance
- Any size slick will be allowed.
- No cubic inch limit.
- Trans brakes will be allowed.
- Shift lights will be allowed.
- Line locks will be allowed.
- Nitrous will be allowed only when
activated by a single pole type switch such as a throttle or push
- Electronic or CO2 shifting devices
allowed only when manually operated by driver.
- Nostalgia eliminator cars allowed
3-step rev limiter.
- Competition eliminator cars allowed 3
step rev limiters or CO2 launch control operated by the trans-brake,
clutch, or throttle.
- 10.0 and faster cars must have braided
steel lines to the trans cooler.
- If a driver feels a car may have
illegal electronic devices in use the driver may have the Competition
Committee inspect the race car in question that day
- Delay Boxes and Electronic Throttle Stops are not permitted.
must be non-functional prior to competition.
- The intent of these rules is governed
by the discretion of the Competition Committee.
- These rules and regulations have been
up dated for the 2013 competition year.
- Tech Card- fill out- "Class"- NETO/N
or NETO/C "Car #"- use NETO assigned #
- Look for NETO table try to pit in the
- Go to track tech.
- Sign in at NETO table. Draw number to
establish ladder. Low number will establish bye run in first round, if
there is an odd number of competitors.
- Lane choice is determined by a flip of
a coin for the first round and then by best reaction time in the
previous round for all other rounds.
- Courtesy Stage: Both competitors must
activate their Pre-Stage light before either may advance into the Stage
- After each round return to NETO table.
If you win fill in ladder for next round. If you lose, put your points
in the Race Sign in Book & sign your name. If you think you may
have best reaction time for the day during the eliminations write it in
- BYE runs are determined by position on
the ladder based on the number drawn at sign in. Competition
break run does not count as a bye run.
- All track rules and procedures should
be followed. Any complaints; Please see NETO
club officer. Don't go to tower or track
- Listen to track radio station and
speakers for call to staging lanes.